All I really did was spray paint it and cover the build in cork board with some old scrap book paper. It cost me less than 5$ to do this whole project, and all I spent money on was the spray paint. Such simple changes but what a huge difference!
I started off eye balling the size of paper I needed to cut out, I just held up the paper, picked a spot, and hoped I cut a straight line. I have no patience for rulers.
I got it close enough for my liking, I'm not planning on keeping the pink permanent, I originally wanted blue paper but didn't have any left.
Then I took it outside, laid out a drop cloth, and and covered the mirror with paper and taped it off. I recommend using painters tape, but I didn't have any and substituted masking tape which worked fine.
Then the painting! I used an Ivory colored spray paint that is for plastic, metal, ect. I did about three thin coats of the stuff.
Notice how now the drop clothe is weighted down. Do that BEFORE you start painting. I didn't and a sudden gust of wind, yes sudden, blew the cloth onto my wet paint and almost ruined my mirror. I didn't even think about it because of how windless the rest of the day was. Then I just peeled off the paper and tape and here it is!
I love it! It looks so much cleaner and far less tacky. I use the cork board piece to store some of my post earrings and I feel that the mirror is no longer an eye sore in my room that I will soon be saying goodbye too. Simple little fixes can make the world of a difference!